July 13, 2023
The CONSCIOUS II project is implemented by the Department of Pharmacology of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University ans CZECRIN together with five partner universities from Portugal, Ireland, France, and Hungary within the ERASMUS+ programme.
The aim is to create a comprehensive, practice-oriented training programme focusing on the key aspects of a clinical trial from A to Z, i.e., from design through conduct and management to publication and presentation of results. The project is thus developing 12 sets of training materials that will be augmented by a pilot course. The pilot course is overarching in nature and, in addition to consolidating acquired knowledge and developing practical skills, aims to promote the ability to work in international virtual teams and deepen participants’ language skills.
Who can benefit from participating in the pilot course and why?
– The project primarily targets Ph.D. students and early-career researchers as potential initiators and investigators of academic clinical trials.
– However, other healthcare and non-healthcare professionals can also use the outputs to gain orientation and deepen their knowledge (e.g., as members of study or project teams of non-commercial clinical trials), or
– teachers/lecturers who are teaching about clinical trials in their courses.
– However, the project can also be used by clinicians and investigators already planning their own clinical trials – in view of the changing legislation on clinical trials, the course can be a source of information on current requirements and changes.
How and when will the pilot course take place? Where can I find more information?
– The pilot course will run online from January 9, 2024, to April 2, 2024, on Tuesdays from 18.00 to 19.30.
– Each participant will receive a certificate of completion for attending ≥60% of the online lessons.
– Registration for participation will also be available on the project website and open from September 2023 to November 30, 2023.
– The pilot lessons are free of charge, without any participation fee.